WINDOWS AS A SERVICE MODEL ADOPTION
Building Materials Businesses
- Decentralized steering group of OpCo’s IT management without single point of decision;
- SCCM 2012 based on Windows Server 2008r2 approaching end of life;
- Number of sites/locations with weak network connection and limited WAN link capacity;
- AppSense Desktop Now 8.6 that does not support Windows 10;
- Over 3000 applications for Windows 7;
- Insecure and inflexible image management approach based on standalone USB sticks.
Key task for GDC Services experts was to support the business & IT Development teams by transforming End User Workplace infrastructure from close end of life to a fresh, stable, performant and flexible environment.
Agile project management approach with daily stand ups to meet requirements of each Operating Company and make adjustment where necessary as early as possible
New configuration management platform to manage Windows 10 operating systems based on System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch (SCCM CB).
AppSense suite upgrade to Ivanti Desktop Now for Windows 10 endpoints support.
New SCCM task sequence-based Windows 10 image engineered according to Microsoft best practices to enable new devices build and existing devices upgrade.
Flexible upgrade and fresh build scenarios to respect network limitations
Application landscape rationalization to decrease efforts required for compatibility testing and remediation.
Applications compatibility testing, packaging and migration to new SCCM CB platform to enable Windows 10 support
Implementation of cloud-based Lakeside Systrack End User Analytics toolset into estate.
Windows 10 migration support and hypercare.
The project finished on time and without disruption to the End Users. By the transformation the customer received modernized End user environment with new servicing model and modular structure that helps to change and update its components in more rapid and cheaper cycle.
- robust, secured and flexible image build process
- rationalized application landscape
- modernized and ready for regular updates Workplace Architecture
- smooth migration without user disruption and with low ticket rate
- transparent managed Evergreen process for adopting new technology for business benefit while minimizing risk associated with regular Feature Updates.