EMAIL MIGRATION FROM ON-PREMISE EXCHANGE TO EXCHANGE ONLINE
Manufacturer of Chemicals and Fertilizers
A major Austrian chemical and fertilizer company resolved to optimize costs for local infrastructure and equipment rented from a nearby data center. On top of that, the data storage systems ran out of space as the stored email archives took up much of it.
The GDC Services team was entrusted with the tasks of migrating over 12,000 mailboxes from on-premise Exchange to Exchange Online and maintaining user mailbox access via the Boxer email client of the VMware Workspace One mobile device management system.
When organizing the migration process, the GDC Services team used:
- in-house automation solutions to reduce error probability, migration time and costs;
- a PowerShell-based tool to correct problems caused by issuing the certificate on mobile devices;
- an in-house product AutoResolver for BAU\RUN support with a high level of automation of routine tasks.
- The mailboxes of 12,000 users and email archives were successfully migrated to Exchange Online without loss of data;
- The email infrastructure protection was improved by transferring part of the email traffic security functionality to the Microsoft solutions available in Exchange Online;
- Some of the physical servers were successfully disconnected from the customer's IT infrastructure;
- Users continued to use the email client to access their inboxes from mobile devices without disruption.