MIGRATION FROM VSHAPE PLATFORM TO MICROSOFT AZURE
European vending and coffee services operator
To migrate servers from vShape platform that was shutting down by end of March 2021 to Azure cloud, with multiple critical systems which availability was crucial for company operations, and not-utilized servers to be decommissioned within very tight and challenging timeframe.
- no fixed and clear scope which was clarified along the way.
- environment with multiple and overlapping authorities within the Customer account.
To establish migration plan as 16 Customer application owners and 2 third-party providers had to be aligned from multiple locations across Europe and with different availability and inputs from business.
To prepare DMZ environment from scratch in Azure as a new landing zone for application workloads accessed from the internet.
To do Infrastructure discovery & application assessment without close Customer involvement.
- Re-design existing Azure virtual networks and incorporate new multi hub and spoke topologies with DMZ in Azure
- Extensive pre-migration testing to match provided time slots
- Incorporating lessons learnt to decrease migrations times
- Establishing agile rolling migration plan
- Empowering Customer and collaboration to find best possible solution and time for scheduling
- Professional remote support by engineers and continuous availability to address Customer’s questions and concerns
- Proactive investigation and improvement of current migrations process and runbooks
- Going the extra mile in supporting Customer with out of scope activities to ensure the success of project and Customer’s satisfaction
- Cross-functional services - Incident/ Change/ Problem/ Configuration Management
- Transparent communication to Customer
- Continuous plan refinement and aligning with Customer point of contact
- Value based approach
- End-to-end service delivery model from single location
- Transparent and clear communication and collaboration
- Dedicated professional team which provides high-quality ongoing support and service design support
- Detailed cost overview for each phase of the project
- Minimum business impact and uninterrupted service out of agreed migration time slots